- Building on established Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) and open standards avoids vendor lock-in.
- Capabilities can be extended by developing and sharing new features.
- Built on top of Apache Karaf for OSGi support.
- Apache Camel and Apache CXF integration.
Simplicity of Development
- Build simple Java objects and wire them in via a choice of dependency injection frameworks.
- Make use of widely-available documentation and components for DDF's underlying technologies.
- Modular development supports multi-organizational and multi-regional teams.
- Only the features required have to be deployed.
Simplicity of Installation and Operation
- Unzip and run.
- Configuration and Installation via a modern Admin Web console.
Federated Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Filter-powered Metadata Catalog
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) performs transformation between query standards.
Apache Solr integration.
- Well Known Text (WKT) indexing and search for spatial awareness
- Full text search
- XPath searches
- XML indexing
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) KML, CSW, and WFS federated services.
- OpenSearch federated services.
- REST API for catalog operations.
- Integrated content framework to store actual products associated with the indexed metadata.
- Tika parser for extracting metadata from products.
- Plugin support for pre and post processing on all operations.
- Eventing for notifications
Web Security Service (WSS) functionality that comes with DDF is integrated throughout the system.
- SAML 2.0 Web Browser SSO Profile with included IdP server and client.
- SAML Security Token Service (STS) based on WS-Trust.
- Automatic protection and Single Sign On (SSO) for web applications without modifying the application itself.
- Extensible Java PDP and XACML PDP for authorization decisions.
- Included OSGi enabled OpenDJ LDAP server.
- CAS integration
- X.509 authentication
- Basic authentication
- SAML authentication
- Guest login support
- Multiple realm login support to mix and match different authentication types and services between endpoints.
- WS-Security, WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-Policy, WS-Trust, WS-SecureConversation, WS-Addressing
- Provides a Security Framework (a set of APIs that define the integration with the DDF framework).
- Provides Security Service reference implementations for a realistic end-to-end use case.
- Role and Attribute based access control.
- Attribute based filtering for searches performed throughout the system.
- Federated identity through metadata catalog.
Search User Interface
- 3D WebGL map built off of Cesium.
- 2D map built off of OpenLayers 3.
- USNG/MGRS grid support.
- GeoNames geocoder integrated into both maps.
- CometD integration for push notifications.
- Upload and edit capability.
- Saved workspaces (searches and metadata artifacts).
Admin Web User Interface
- Web based install wizard.
- Application grid to organize configurations.
- Pluggable configuration pages for applications to simplify configurations for complex scenarios.
- Metrics web application to view up to date system metrics.